The vision of the DEI Division is to provide intentional support and resources to our diverse community that advances institutional growth and student success.
- Advocacy– the act of centering our most vulnerable populations in our work for the betterment of all
- Care – the display of compassion, empathy, and open-mindedness extending to one another.
- Community – a culture fostering authentic spaces for the collective participation of diverse voices and partnerships
- Cultural Intelligence – the action of demonstrating a mindful appreciation and understanding of intersectional cultural differences through effective engagement and adaptation
- Diversity – embracing differences in people, perspectives, backgrounds, identities & abilities.
- Equity – implementing responsive practices in recognition of the differing circumstances, resources, and opportunities stemming from systemic & structural imbalances experienced across diverse communities.
- Inclusion– ensuring all are included in a thoughtful and meaningful way
Office of Disability & Equity (ODE):
Promotes self-advocacy & prepares students for academic success; focusing on individual needs with compassion, empathy & inclusivity
Instructional support, direct student support & programming, and perpetuation of a data-informed culture for an advancement of equity to propel social & economic mobility
TRiO Student Support Services:
- Traditional SSS & ESL
- Comprehensive academic support to selected first-gen, low-income college students & students with disabilities
Community College of Aurora is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
The Community College of Aurora is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Learn more about CCA’s accreditations and professional licensure.