Steps to Admissions for International Students

The following steps outlines the process to become an international student. Additional steps may be required, depending on each students’ situation. 

1. Complete the CCA Application

Apply to be a CCA student by clicking here. Click on “Create Account” and enter your information. At the end of your application click on My Account and write down your student number. Your Student Number will look similar to: S01234567

2. Complete the CCA International Student Application

Apply to be a CCA International Student by clicking here.

You must have the following documents and information when you complete this application.

We will contact you by email within 3-business days after you submit the CCA International Student Application. If you need assistance completing this form, please contact us at [email protected]

Submitting an application does not guarantee that you will be provided an I-20. The Admissions, Registration, and Records Office will review your application to determine if you are eligible for an I-20. Eligibility for an I-20 does not guarantee that you will be issued an F-1 Visa or change of status.

3. New Students: Apply for your F-1 Visa

Compile your documents and schedule an appointment at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country.

For detailed information on how to apply for a student visa and to check wait times for a non-immigrant visa interview appointment, please visit Travel.State.Gov.

Documents needed for your appointment at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate:

3. Transfer Students: Talk to Your Current DSO

We will send you the Transfer Eligibility and Release for International Students form and a pending acceptance letter. Complete your portion of the form and have your current DSO complete their portion. Your DSO can email the completed form to [email protected]

4. Pay the CCA Application Fee

This fee is $75.

CCA will issue your I-20 after we receive your receipt that your fee was paid. Email us a copy of your receipt at [email protected]

4. Send us a copy of your F-1 Visa

We need a copy of your signed I-20 and F-1 Visa.

Email us a copy at [email protected] or visit our office in-person and we can make a copy of your documents. The Admissions, Registration & Records office is located on the CentreTech campus, Administration Building, Room A102. We are open Monday-Thursday from 8:00 am-6:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm.

5. Sign-up for Health Insurance

International students are required to have health insurance coverage while enrolled at CCA.

We do not currently offer a group plan nor do we endorse any specific company. Students are responsible for finding their own coverage and renewing as needed.

Here are some options for student health insurance:

6. Meet with Advising and Register for classes

New students are required to meet with a Pathway Advisor during their first semester.

Schedule a Pathway Advising appointment by contacting them by email at [email protected] or by phone at 303-360-4929. Virtual and phone appointments are available by request.

Register for classes by logging into MyCCA and selecting Navigate.

While taking classes, it is important to maintain your status by adhering to the following rules

Maintaining Your International Status