A student who obtains a Financial Services – Banking Essentials certificate from the Community College of Aurora will demonstrate the following abilities:
- Demonstrate awareness of banking concepts and the functions of a bank.
- Recognize the importance of customer service as it applies to the industry.
- Identify the regulatory bodies and government agencies with which banking institutions work.
- Understand the legal and ethical standards of banking.
- Know how to process financial transactions.